Sign in to follow this  
NorthernYankee

NY's AR Build

on e small thought.. if you are going through the trouble of handpicking everything.. get what you want the first time even if it means a longer wait.. just my 2 cents..

Very good point vlad, I kinda did that with the MOE stock. I will hold off and get the DD. Building it to my specs was one of the reasons for doing a full build. Thanks getting me to keep my plan.

Very good point vlad, I kinda did that with the MOE stock. I will hold off and get the DD. Building it to my specs was one of the reasons for doing a full build. Thanks getting me to keep my plan.

keep us updated as you go along! good luck with it.. I had a DD rail before and it was really nice..

keep us updated as you go along! good luck with it.. I had a DD rail before and it was really nice..

I have been eyeing up the DD Omega rail, but I am not sure that I can justify the nearly 3x cost. In your opinion, is it worth the extra cost?

Updated list. In case anyone was wondering what I am going for here, it's going to be my interpretation of an MK12/SASS.

Upper Receiver: Vltor MUR-1A $190

BCG: Daniel Defense $150

Barrel: DPMS BL-SASSGB Mini SASS Barrel w/Gas Block $310

Handguard: Yankee Hill Free Float $110

BUIS: Midwest Industries ERS Flip-up set $180

Charging Handle: BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 $45

Gas Tube: Mid-Length $13

Compensator: Primary Weapons Systems FSC556 $99

what made you decide on the vltor upper receiver?

Everything I have read says that it is stiffer than a standard receiver, which in turn should in theory make it more accurate. Not that I am good enough to notice though.

Plus I like to do things that are different than the norm, and it does look cool.

If you want to save $20, get a LMT BCG instead of the DD. They're more or less the same thing.

I appreciate the suggestion, but as Vlad reminded me I am building this piece by piece so I might as well do it and not skimp. But the reason I wanted to go with the DD BCG is because I have a DD Lower Parts Kit so I figured I would keep the internals DD. Not that it matters, but it's a mental thing for me to match it up.

But I will keep the LMT in mind if the DD doesn't come back in stock.

• Like 1