Sign in to follow this  
SigSauer229

I want to have my barrel threaded

I have a Yankee Hill Machine fluted non-threaded barrel. I got this barrel cause, I thought a threaded barrel wasn't NJ compliant. I later found out it was ok so long as I have a pinned and welded muzzle brake. I wanted to know if anyone knew if its possible to have the barrel threaded and if so who and where can I send it to. I would supply the muzzle break and anything else that would be needed to make it NJ compliant. Or am I better off selling my barrel and getting a new one ? Thanks for any help on this

Or am I better off selling my barrel and getting a new one?

That depends on what you want to do with this rifle. If the barrel is currently compliant, then that means it's 16". Adding another 1.5" on will make the overall barrel that much longer. If you want to keep the overall length 16", then get yourself another barrel. If you don't mind having a barrel that's 17.5" instead of 16", then just get your current barrel threaded and have the muzzle brake permanently attached (make sure it's permanently attached before you take possession of it again).