Sign in to follow this  
GAPP

AR beginners course

GAPP will be offering an AR beginners course on June 5, 2011 at Fort Dix Range 14. This course is the NRA First steps rifle course (specifically for the AR rifle platform). It is designed to introduce the new AR-15 owner to their rifle properly and safely. The classroom portion covers the history of the platform, disassembly, reassembly, cleaning, and aftermarket accessories... as well as the laws regarding rifles of this type. Several models are available to look at and will be used for demonstration in the classroom... and one can be provided for use on the range if you dont own an AR yet and just want to learn how to shoot one. After lunch, we head out to the range and zero your rifle... and see if you can hit a steel plate at 200 yards. The course length is approximately 6 hours and the cost is $150. If youre a new AR owner or if you've had one sitting in your safe for a while, come out and learn more about it. For registratoin info, go to www.gappnj.com and look at our upcoming courses.

Would this satisfy the requirements for a FL ccw?

Nick:

According to the FL Dept of Ag website, it will...

>Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;

Just photocopy the certificate you get when you complete the course and send it with your application.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob is correct, any NRA course will fill the requirement. Just an FYI, I also offer a CCW application course where you can get your prints, passport photos, etc all in one shot.

GAPP will be offering an AR beginners course on June 5, 2011 at Fort Dix Range 14. This course is the NRA First steps rifle course (specifically for the AR rifle platform). It is designed to introduce the new AR-15 owner to their rifle properly and safely. The classroom portion covers the history of the platform, disassembly, reassembly, cleaning, and aftermarket accessories... as well as the laws regarding rifles of this type. Several models are available to look at and will be used for demonstration in the classroom... and one can be provided for use on the range if you dont own an AR yet and just want to learn how to shoot one. After lunch, we head out to the range and zero your rifle... and see if you can hit a steel plate at 200 yards. The course length is approximately 6 hours and the cost is $150. If youre a new AR owner or if you've had one sitting in your safe for a while, come out and learn more about it. For registratoin info, go to www.gappnj.com and look at our upcoming courses.

Will you be offering this class again in the near future?

Sorry for the late reply... Ive been coming up with a date for the course and wanted to be sure before I posted it up. I will be running this class again August 7th at Fort Dix Range 14. If you're interested, check out my webpage, the course will be posted there in the next few days.

Sorry for the late reply... Ive been coming up with a date for the course and wanted to be sure before I posted it up. I will be running this class again August 7th at Fort Dix Range 14. If you're interested, check out my webpage, the course will be posted there in the next few days.

Good to know. Definitely up for formal AR training.