edany

What happend to reference letters?

So to start both references have the same address. (GFs mom and dad, dads a sgt) so anyway her mom gets the letter but dad doesnt. I go back to the station and request it to be resent May 24. The other letter was sent atleast a week earlier. Her dads ref letter was sent to the station the week before last. I had my dad go into ask whether my paperwork was in or not just to be sure. Records says they did not receive any letters. Now my gf's dad is saying it goes right to the captain. I do not know what is going on or where to go from here. Any help would be great.

Edit: sry writing this at work so trying to clarify a few things. I live in fort lee my gf's dad is a retired wayne sgt.

So i called up the records dept while at work. Told them what happend and asked if the chief has them. They said no way but theyll look around. I waited a bit and they found the letters... Sooo i say if you know your refrences mailed ur stuff back harass records til u get an answer -.-

Sry to bump this tread and double post but i didnt want to create a new thread. So i called in again today to see wats going on and such. My papers from the FBI and state police r in! But heres the issue. No one knows wtf they r talking about. The lady today tells me i wont get a call from the chief til im 21 bc i cant own a firearm until i am 21 -.- i asked if i can amend the paperwork for a PP when i turn 21 if i dont get my FID by then. She sounded confused and didnt seem to know the answer. Pretty much it was just "when the chief calls you to pick up your FID ask if you can amend it. Otherwise i have to wait for the FID to come in then apply again and my refrences have to be contacted AGAIN. My refrences still have to be called and so does my place of work or school... I feel this is a bit rediculous

that they may call my school or job! It makes me really nervous... Anyone else going through crap like this?

Lol. God fort lee is so bad with this crap. This is the kinda stuff that makes me want to get involved with all these 2A politically active groups and such. Why should my school or employeer be cotacted about this? And if i am going through the same process for a P2P and FID why cant i just amend to add a p2p? Like this crap is redic. My FBI check is in as are my reference letters! That should be enough proof!

Like some one has stated before, every municipality does it differently. The NJSP Firearms Unit has set up minimum guidelines of what needs to be done. Some departments choose to go further. I do the Firearm Apps for my department and dont have any problems. I usually have every everything done within two weeks, varies of course.

Lol. God fort lee is so bad with this crap. This is the kinda stuff that makes me want to get involved with all these 2A politically active groups and such. Why should my school or employeer be cotacted about this? And if i am going through the same process for a P2P and FID why cant i just amend to add a p2p? Like this crap is redic. My FBI check is in as are my reference letters! That should be enough proof!

You should join up with the politcally active 2A groups, that's the best thing to do to preserve your rights, and make it so that this type of crap doesn't continue to happen in the future. And part of this is designed so you get fed up and either don't bother to apply, or just give up on it.

FYI, those additional forms to contact your employer or school are illegal and they shouldn't be doing that.

2C:58-3f. …There shall be no conditions or requirements added to the form or content of the application, or required by the licensing authority for the issuance of a permit or identification card, other than those that are specifically set forth in this chapter.

I recommend that you join NJ2AS, submit these additional forms you are being presented with to them, and donate to "Operation Establish Compliance".

Link Here

I definetly am thinking of joining a 2A active group. The thing is though there are no additional forms but i did not give them the right to contact my school or employeer which my employeer was not on my app bc i got hired after the initial app for my FID. The PD is just going above and beyond to make sure all my info is correct on my app i guess and takin forever to do it. And honestly all this crap makes me just want my FID more and no way would i think to just quit on this process.