Malsua

CZ-52 Hold open lever and pin

I realize this is a worn old gun. The slide has never held back unless I hold it back and push up the lever manually. (See part 19)

The problem is part 39. The pin...it's not all the way in so it allows slop in the lever and when the mag comes up, it pushes it aside.

It doesn't appear to want to go all the way in and probably wouldn't stay there even if it did. Any suggestions?

CZ52_part_and_description.jpg

Originally, those pins are staked on the right side (and was on mine until i drifted it out to put a new stop lever on). If your pin continues to walk out, the site below sells a replacement pin that is threaded arrangement intended for thier extended release lever but will work with the stock one. Its really just a socket head hex bolt with a nyloc nut on the other side--something you can probably put together at the parts bins at Lowes.

http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/cz52.htm

Originally, those pins are staked on the right side (and was on mine until i drifted it out to put a new stop lever on). If your pin continues to walk out, the site below sells a replacement pin that is threaded arrangement intended for thier extended release lever but will work with the stock one. Its really just a socket head hex bolt with a nyloc nut on the other side--something you can probably put together at the parts bins at Lowes.

http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/cz52.htm

I was looking at those extended ones, I didn't realize they had a bolt replacement for the pin.

Thanks, I think I'll go ahead and get one of those.

I was looking at those extended ones, I didn't realize they had a bolt replacement for the pin.

Thanks, I think I'll go ahead and get one of those.

While you are ordering, get the replacement firing pin. The CZ52 firing pins are brittle and are known to break easily. They also tend to get stuck and cause slamfires because they're free-floating. The replacement one is much stronger and is spring driven, so you won't have to worry about slamfires. It also improves the trigger pull by about 1000%.You are welcome to try mine some time at Central Jersey or Shore Shot.

While you are ordering, get the replacement firing pin. The CZ52 firing pins are brittle and are known to break easily. They also tend to get stuck and cause slamfires because they're free-floating. The replacement one is much stronger and is spring driven, so you won't have to worry about slamfires. It also improves the trigger pull by about 1000%.You are welcome to try mine some time at Central Jersey or Shore Shot.

I already installed a Harrington CZ-52-2 Firing pin. The pin that was in the gun when I got it was a forged replacement that wasn't supposed to break...and it did.

I had to radius the heel of the extractor because it was binding on the spring but 30 seconds in the mill and I took care of that. It is much improved. Of course, it breaks the de-cocker, but who cares.

i thought your sold yours to one of the guys at SS?

He was having funding issues. The way the trigger is on the CZ52, I am more likely to hold onto it now and try and improve the sights. I was shooting the Yugo M57 too last night. It is accurate as hell, but I almost need to bench rest it because it has a 12 lb (guess on my part) trigger pull.

I received the new slide release lever and the new retaining bolt.

Anything special about driving this pin out? Looks like you just put a drift pin on there and pound it out.

That's pretty much it. I used a steel punch and knocked it put. The new one is nice because it has a locking nylon nut.

Got it installed, seems to work. Have to take it to the range to see if it works with ammo.

Oh and the question I posted one up..."anything special". lol. Well, the takedown part going sproing! would have been included in that "special" category. lol. I guess I figured that part was retained somehow else.

cz52-lockedback.jpg