Sign in to follow this  
alec.mc

Safe Review: Cannon CS20

Well, as promised in the other thread about the Costco.com Cannon CS20 Safe, I said i'd post a quick review and some pictures of my new safe I ordered.

Ordered on June 27, Arrived on July 20 ( 18 business days ) Which was much better then the 4-6 weeks estimated on the costco website.

As expected, the safe arrived curbside, the driver called 30 minutes prior to coming, very friendly and offered to wheel it to my front door.

It was definitely a 2-3 man job getting this safe moved, we used a single movers dolly, and the scrap cardboard it came in to protect the floors when it had to be off the dolly.

According to the paperwork, the safe weighs 410 pounds.

The exterior of the safe feels good quality, the safe is very sturdy, the door opens, closes, and seals great. The digital keypad lights up when you start pushing keys, and makes an audible beeping sound ( I don't know if there is a way to turn this off ) Also, to note: The user code required has to be a SIX digit combination.

On the inside bottom right corner there is an outlet for 120volts, USB, and a RJ45 jack, I had no need to utilize these so I didn't bother hooking anything up, but it seems like a nice option for people who may require this.

If any downfalls so far with this safe, on first impressions, is the interior. It seems low quality. Hardly any padding behind the cheap fabric, It looks like it's just the cheap fabric glued on to some 1/2" MDF particle board. It works, and I expected this on a cheaper entry level safe of this price range. It doesnt bother me so much, but i'm just throwing it out there.

The manual says the shelves shouldnt be loaded up to more then 50 pounds. Also, i'd like to add the right hand side fits two standard ammo cans side to side, which I am pleased with.

The internal hinges prevent the door from swinging completely open, which doesnt bother me since I have it recessed in my office closet. But it does block about 4-5 inches of space on the right hand side, so loading up those shelves take a little bit more effort.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, or if you need a picture of a certain aspect of this safe i'd be happy to get it for you.

Thanks, and hope this helps somebody for the next time the safe goes on sale and you are looking for information on it.

-Alec

5957992037_38038ecec7_b.jpg

5957993909_fe0e30ddae_b.jpg

5958555230_0fa8ca079e_b.jpg

5958556056_1fe93b09f5_b.jpg

5958556812_79f74c3e1e_b.jpg

5958557714_c1da1a31f8_b.jpg

5958558510_55d063a267_b.jpg