Sign in to follow this  
M4BGRINGO

OBRPC Question

What are we allowed to shoot at the outdoor facility and where? For example: I know in the shotgun area we can only shoot # 7 1/2 at most, no buckshot there.

What can we shoot inside the pistol pits? Any limitations? Didn't see the info on their website, but I could have missed-it.

I couldn't see shooting shotguns on the 100 yard pit, I'm sure the shot would find it's way out of there.

Mike,

Outdoors you're good to .50 BMG, and YES I've fired it!

Pistol Pits are good for rifles & shotguns too, as long as the rounds and or pattern impacts the Berm. Think of 3-Gun stages for instance.

Shotguns at 100 yards are done all of the time, WITH SABOTS & SLUGS, often with rifled Slug barrels & mounted scopes, but it still a shotgun.

Remember not to shoot-up our target frames (bring your own, especially for the pistol pits) and exercise some common sense and you should be fine.

Hope this answers your questions. If you have any more, feel free to give me a call.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I thought it didn't matter what I shot in the pistol pits as long as the bullets impacted the berm. I was there three days in a row, very few people around, kinda had the place all to myself. I made my own target stands from PVC and put cardboard on them to hang my targets. They are very cheap and easy to build. Maybe I can get some work hours making these for the club. I need to do work hours sooner or later but have no idea who to talk to about them. Do we need to call someone about that or do the hours and projects get posted on the website? See ya around.

No, I do not get a newsletter. Remember, I am a probationary member that joined 3 months ago. Maybe once I become a member I will be added to the email list. I did give them my email address, I will PM it to you so you can forward it to the proper people, thanks!

And just who do you know that has a .50 BMG????????

One of our Black Powder guys has a bolt action .50 BMG with a scope that's about 3 feet long, LOL!

The muzzle break works just like the one on the Abrams Tank, LOL!

Ah, those majic words, "SEND IT!"

Dave

Does this mean you can't use the target frames on the 50 and 100 as well? I thought target frames (from orientation) are kept inside the trailers. They said to make sure to bring it back after you use it.

Sorry - probational member but have not been a the location yet.

On another note, any suggestion where to get good quality (and portable) target frames? I'll Google around but if there is one highly recommended I'd take that.

Remember not to shoot-up our target frames (bring your own, especially for the pistol pits) and exercise some common sense and you should be fine.

Dave

I borrowed one out of the trailer one day for the 100 yard range. It was wide-open, guess it shouldn't have been. I was mainly shooting water bottles that I placed downrange on the metal target holders.

Anyway, I have been making my own frames from PVC. Simple, cheap, easy to repair if broken, very light to carry.

Dave, I would like to see a .50 BMG get launched sometime, gimme a heads-up!