M4BGRINGO

Remington 1100 20 gauge

Anyone on here use one? I have one I bought for my niece to use, but it has a 26" barrel. I am trying to find a 28" barrel, not an easy thing to do. We are using it to shoot Trap, the 26" barrel just doesn't cut it. Gotta get on that clay really fast and she isn't that quick yet. This gun is so darn light, almost wanna try to shoot it with one hand!

Anyone on here use one? I have one I bought for my niece to use, but it has a 26" barrel. I am trying to find a 28" barrel, not an easy thing to do. We are using it to shoot Trap, the 26" barrel just doesn't cut it. Gotta get on that clay really fast and she isn't that quick yet. This gun is so darn light, almost wanna try to shoot it with one hand!

I suspect the choke and the load that you are using, then the range you are trying to break the clay at, all have more bearing on your results than an extra 2" of barrel length would make up for. True, the longer sighting plane from a longer barrel has some benefits when target shooting, but two barrels choked similarly in different lengths will still pattern about the same. What choke and load are you using in the 26" barrel?

20's can usually go toe to toe with the 12's from the 16 yard mark with the right choke and load out to a certain yardage. Once that range extends to the 40 yard mark and beyond, the 12's simply have the edge with their better pattern density.

I have the Rem 1100 Lightweight Magnum in 20 gauge. It is nice and light for the field, and the pheasants can't tell it's not a 12. Great gun.

The "problem" with this Remington 1100 is that it does not have removable chokes. My 12 gauge version has two barrels, one 28" marked Skeet, the other 30" marked Trap. I see that a lot of shotguns have removable chokes, but none of mine do, including my 870.

The "problem" with this Remington 1100 is that it does not have removable chokes. My 12 gauge version has two barrels, one 28" marked Skeet, the other 30" marked Trap. I see that a lot of shotguns have removable chokes, but none of mine do, including my 870.

That should not be an expensive fix. Buy a choke ready Rem 1100 20 gauge barrel off GunBroker for $100 or take it to a gunsmith and have him thread the barrel for Rem chokes.

That should not be an expensive fix. Buy a choke ready Rem 1100 20 gauge barrel off GunBroker for $100 or take it to a gunsmith and have him thread the barrel for Rem chokes.

I have been looking for new and used barrels for that 20 gauge, nothing around. Seems like I would have to order it right from Remington.

Now, to have my barrel threaded for a choke is an interesting idea. If that is possible I would certainly do it. Lemme check with my FFL and see who he uses for gunsmiths. Thanks for the tip!

I have been looking for new and used barrels for that 20 gauge, nothing around. Seems like I would have to order it right from Remington.

Now, to have my barrel threaded for a choke is an interesting idea. If that is possible I would certainly do it. Lemme check with my FFL and see who he uses for gunsmiths. Thanks for the tip!

Try these two sources for barrels. Some are new and some are used. A barrel with choke tubes would be most optimal, but not necessary. Fixed-choke barrels aren't bad provided they fit the intended need.

Barrel Exchange

Corson's Barrels