Sign in to follow this  
Zell959

Midwayusa: Surefire G3 Flashlight Xenon Bulb with Batteries (3 CR123A Lithium) $29.99

Thanks, although it's not LED, it's a good deal. Good to have around or stash in the car.

Sure. Runtime is a little low at an hour for 3 CR123As, so I'm actually thinking it'll be a good canditate for my AR15 mounted light since that won't see a lot of day to day use, but needs to be as reliable as possible.

Honestly, I was just really happy at being able to buy a surefire NIB that doesn't go on a keychain for only $30.

That run time isn't that great for the light output and battery type. Yes, $30 is good for a good quality light.....but you'll easily be paying that much in batteries if this light sees any kind of use. I don't this that it's the best deal considering you need to use 3 batteries, and that it's a xenon bulb. I got my Surefire 6PX Tactical (takes 2 CR123A's), along with 18 Surefire CR123A batteries for $55 shipped. Look for Surefire deals on L.A. Police Gear.

That run time isn't that great for the light output and battery type. Yes, $30 is good for a good quality light.....but you'll easily be paying that much in batteries if this light sees any kind of use. I don't this that it's the best deal considering you need to use 3 batteries, and that it's a xenon bulb. I got my Surefire 6PX Tactical (takes 2 CR123A's), along with 18 Surefire CR123A batteries for $55 shipped. Look for Surefire deals on L.A. Police Gear.

If I come across a similar deal, I'll probably buy that too. The runtime on this one is definitely a shortcoming, but that almost makes it easier for me to make it a dedicated HD never-leaves-my-bedroom light, particularly at that price point. I had wanted to buy a weapon light for a while, but the thought of an $85 flashlight that just sits in my safe all day when I already paid $90 for a TLR1 that does the same thing wasn't appealing, so this deal definitely hit the spot. I can certainly see how the low runtime & 3 CR123A battery need is a downside, and that is probably one of the reasons Surefire decided to discontinue this one [which I imagine is the root cause of this sale].

The runtime on this one is definitely a shortcoming, but that almost makes it easier for me to make it a dedicated HD never-leaves-my-bedroom light, particularly at that price point.

Just make sure you practice with it. The LAST thing you want is to find out the hard way that your rifle mounted light is a pressure switch, and not a click-on, in the heat of the moment.

Just make sure you practice with it. The LAST thing you want is to find out the hard way that your rifle mounted light is a pressure switch, and not a click-on, in the heat of the moment.

Shouldn't be a problem. I dry fire my rifle every morning because its fun I understand the importance of muscle memory. Adding in daily practice with the light will just add to the fun value of the drilling.

• Like 1

Speaking of, I just got an email from Surefire that they're running another promo on Surefire. It's not eligible on their closeout items....but you get free shipping on $50 or more of Surefire items, along with 6 free batteries. Decent deal.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/surefire.html