NFRs2000NYC

My New Tasty Sig P220-M-E

I know the model number threw you guys off, :D , it's the Sig P220 Match Elite. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet (waiting for my box-o-45) but am excited to go and put 500 rounds through it....wait...that might be pricy, 100 rounds.

7a99188b.jpg

Some quick observations....

1) Beautifully made and excellent machining.

2) Heavy SOB. Solid block of stainless steel, so it's expected.

3) Front nightsight bright as hell.

4) While not Wilson Combat smooth, the gun is extremely well made, and the slide is easy to operate without having to use a pickup to pull it back.

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase!

This brings my total pistol count to 3, Glock 19, Sig Mosquito, and this thing. After handling a few "mid level" 1911s (Kimber, Springfield, etc) this IMHO, is an excellent 1911 replacement, and IMHO (and IMHO ONLY,) higher quality for the money.

Dammit, just noticed I posted in the wrong section. Mods, can you please move this to Handguns. Sorry for the mishap.

Wow, I know pictures don't show it well but that thing is veryyy nice.

You know what, I have always been impressed by Sig. Not just because they are esthetically pleasing, but because I've heard such great things about them and know a lot of people (including LE) use them.

It might be time to start looking at one ;)

But good luck with it! I'm sure it'll turn into your favorite pistol now..

The quality of this pistol in comparison to most others I've held (including Wilson) is excellent. There are no burrs, no rough edges, no parts that grind together, nothing wabbles, nothing sticks, honestly, it really is amazing quality. It is not as nice as the regular p220 that a friend of mine has, nor as nice as the rest of their line. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Mosquito, excellent gun, and as long as you feed it CCI mini mags, flawless performance, but this is in another league. I strongly suggest anyone looking for a full size 1911 take a look at this thing. Hell, the carry size is easier to find than this thing. I originally wanted the Stainless elite (same gun, but with nightsights, and rosewood grip) but no one in the country has one in stock, so I made due with this one.