Sign in to follow this  
PDM

Kel-Tec Sub 2000

I am thoroughly familiar with the NJ AWB and what "substantially similar" means, but am a bit stumped regarding the Kel-Tec Sub 2000. I know a few people in NJ who own them (of course, that doesn't mean its OK, but I believe they bought them at NJ gun shops). I'm thinking of buying one if I can find one online, but then got to thinking that the pistol grip + folding stock could be a problem. The gun is inoperable when the stock is folded and the stock doesn't collapse when it's extended, so maybe that isn't considered a problem under the NJ AWB? Anyone have any knowledge of this issue? I couldn't find another thread on the forum on this.

I am thoroughly familiar with the NJ AWB and what "substantially similar" means, but am a bit stumped regarding the Kel-Tec Sub 2000. I know a few people in NJ who own them (of course, that doesn't mean its OK, but I believe they bought them at NJ gun shops). I'm thinking of buying one if I can find one online, but then got to thinking that the pistol grip + folding stock could be a problem. The gun is inoperable when the stock is folded and the stock doesn't collapse when it's extended, so maybe that isn't considered a problem under the NJ AWB? Anyone have any knowledge of this issue? I couldn't find another thread on the forum on this.

The Sub-2000 doesn't have a "Folding Stock", it has a "Folding Reciever"