Sign in to follow this  
edany

Px4 mag issue?

Hey guys

So i took my px4 full size out twice already. Lovin it! I have the 10 round mags and im not sure what is causing this issue:

If i fill the mags up all the way or to 8 rounds the mag catch doesnt seem to catch the mag right.. It seems like it keeps slipping. It wont stay in.. I have to slap in in a few times and even then if i try to rack a round the slide sometimes get stuck if i dont give it a slight shove for the round to go in. Im not sure what could be causing this.. Any input on this issue or Should i bring it back to caso's or call beretta?

Sorry to hear that. I have a full size PX4 9mm and don't have that issue. Mine is only 2 months old and I have about 400 rounds through it without any problems.

Does it lock in place with an empty mag?

You may want to see if your local range has some mags hanging around to try out, to see if it's a mag issue or an issue with the gun. Check to see if the mag release is in place, or maybe order some 15rd mags from CDNN (you're gonna do this at some point anyway). And are you sure the slide is on correctly. You may want to break it down and put the slide back on and try again.

Good luck, let me know how you make out.

It definetly locks in w an empty mag. It just seems like the mag is to heavy to sit in correctly or something bc up to like 7 or 8 rounds its fine. I dont think its an issue w the slide bc if the mag isnt sitting correctly then the round wouldnt feed correctly right?

You may want to leave the mags loaded for a bit, that'll break in the mag spring. What type of ammo are you using? I've been using 115gr. I can't imagine it's a weight issue, I have 3 15 rd mags and they sit just fine. They work just as well as my 10 rd mags.

Take some pics, it may help to see what the issue is.