NicePants

Open carry banned in CA.

This type of legislation is so ill-conceived. I could understand some restriction to "open carry" in large cities like Los Angeles. Although under the previous law you could open carry but the gun had to be "unloaded", which kind of defeats the purpose of carrying in the first place.

I used to live in California (years ago) and it is a huge state to say the least. Out in the Mojave desert you can be 20 miles or more from the nearest town... and now you can't open carry in the middle of nowhere?

I understand Law Enforcement Officers want to make their job safer and easier, but many times their solution is to ban something altogether instead of finding a fairer and more reasonable solution. They could have made a new law to ban open carry in large cities BUT give the o.k. to open carry "loaded" firearms everywhere else. At least they could have some give and take.

-Glad I don't live there anymore.

This type of legislation is so ill-conceived. I could understand some restriction to "open carry" in large cities like Los Angeles. Although under the previous law you could open carry but the gun had to be "unloaded", which kind of defeats the purpose of carrying in the first place.

I used to live in California (years ago) and it is a huge state to say the least. Out in the Mojave desert you can be 20 miles or more from the nearest town... and now you can't open carry in the middle of nowhere?

I understand Law Enforcement Officers want to make their job safer and easier, but many times their solution is to ban something altogether instead of finding a fairer and more reasonable solution. They could have made a new law to ban open carry in large cities BUT give the o.k. to open carry "loaded" firearms everywhere else. At least they could have some give and take.

-Glad I don't live there anymore.

Yeah it's total bs. Not much better here though. It's like you jumped right out of the 8th circle of hell when you left and you landed here in the 5th circle of NJ. :sarcastichand:

This is somewhat off topic, but it illustrates the point that our politicians have run amok.

:read: Todays News...... Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy says he's planning to introduce legislation to make it a federal crime for people to mislabel products as containing maple syrup.

Is there no end to the insanity? Whether California, Vermont or New Jersey, things are getting out of hand.

I can't see that, I feel the 2A is that and is not conditional. Why a change in a large city, what different from a county town??

Harry

When I said "I understand" I meant that I understand that they might want restrictions in large cities as does Philadelphia. I don't agree with it but I do understand their having a desire to restrict it. If they were reasonable about it they could have come up with a compromise. What I don't understand is why open carry an unloaded firearm in the first place. It's like they interpreted the 2A as giving us the right to have firearms but not bullets. :wacko:

California's current anti-gun policies don't seem to be working too well... Today's news, "8 killed in Southern California salon shooting". (I'm sure they will argue that this tragedy happened because current laws don't go far enough.)

When I said "I understand" I meant that I understand that they might want restrictions in large cities as does Philadelphia. I don't agree with it but I do understand their having a desire to restrict it. If they were reasonable about it they could have come up with a compromise. What I don't understand is why open carry an unloaded firearm in the first place. It's like they interpreted the 2A as giving us the right to have firearms but not bullets. :wacko:

California's current anti-gun policies don't seem to be working too well... Today's news, "8 killed in Southern California salon shooting". (I'm sure they will argue that this tragedy happened because current laws don't go far enough.)

Ok, I see what your saying, but I don't ever get a good feeling about "common sense laws" because and we know they don't make sense to anyone but people who are anti-gun, and my position on the 2A is no conditions, but hey that's just me.

As far as who Kali will blame, you hit the nail on the head with that, problem is pro-gun folks know that it's the exact opposite.

Harry