Sign in to follow this  
tony357

ordered a chronagraph

Ordered a chronagraph to check reloads for uspsa.After doing a bit of reading i am thinking i will need the light for indoor use or cloudy days.

Who has been using one chime in.

This is the one i ordered. I ordered it elsewhere because midway was out of stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/244882/shooting-chrony-beta-master-chronograph

It depends. I've only used my shooting chrony indoors at Old Bridge which has bright light over the firing line and then I used the defuse screens. Mostly I use it outdoors and there you want LESS light, you don't want to use them on very bright days because the screens do nothing unless the sun is directly above them and it never is. I prefer cloudy but not darkened days for chrono time, with the screens off. I can tell you that mine is darn perfect, its velocities matching those recorded at major matches with 2 to 3 expensive chrono's in a series. And that is after I put 2 .223 caliber holes in the housing of mine.

Oh yeah, don't shoot it, it is easier to do then you might think, specially with an AR.