vmastro87

Modifying 20 rd mag?

as always you guys are great :icon_lol: and of course they are stored at my friends house in PA :) looks like i will machine a piece of aluminum large enough to stop it from accepting more than 15 rds as soon as he sends me the specs for the inside of the magazine of course :) thank you guys as always anyone gonna be at range 14 tomorrow ? and anyone know how to disassemble the bushy mag? i googled it and someone said you have to drill out the epoxy and then stick something inside in order to remove the black plastic pin? any ideas?

as always you guys are great :icon_lol: and of course they are stored at my friends house in PA :) looks like i will machine a piece of aluminum large enough to stop it from accepting more than 15 rds as soon as he sends me the specs for the inside of the magazine of course :) thank you guys as always anyone gonna be at range 14 tomorrow ? and anyone know how to disassemble the bushy mag? i googled it and someone said you have to drill out the epoxy and then stick something inside in order to remove the black plastic pin? any ideas?

so it turns out i should have seen how many rds the bushy actaully fits just the for hell of it my friend just tried and it only holds 10! problem solved on one

that is pretty funny..

you are IMO over engineering the solution.. if a mag holds more than 15.. just pin it prior to bringing it to NJ.. a pin and maybe a little epoxy so the pin doesn't fall out.. you really don't need to machine anything.. lol

I think I like what I'm reading so far. Does this mean that one can easily take, for example, the Ruger SR9 17-round mag and pin-it to only allow the 15-rounds? If that's the case, how would one do that?

providing you do not at ANY time posses IN NJ a magazine that has more than 15 rounds.. you are fine..

not hard at all..

FYI, my AR-15 magazines can be disassembled using a 1/8" drill bit for cleaning purposes, then reassembled with new rivets. There is no chance of putting a standard floorplate back on to allow the full capacity of 20 rounds, as the floorplate retaining tabs are cut off.

Do you mean something like this? This was done by my cousin up in VERMONT he had a few mags and wanted to see if he could make then NJ compliant....he comes down from time to time to shoot but I keep telling him to leave them at home !! lol..... they are riveted at 15 rounds and the floor plate is riveted...with the tabs cut off.....

photomag1.jpg

photomag.jpg

Okay as far as riviting the magazine to stop the follower at 15rds that makes sense. Riviting the floorplate to prevent it from being removed okay makes sense. Now what in the world did cutting the tabs off do? That wouldn't do anything to make it harder to modify. That doesn't make any sense please explain the theory to that.