Underdog

Ruger Mark III Talo

Please provide feedback on this one if you have one. I want to buy a 5 1/2 stainless version with the fluted barrel and fiber optic sights. I seem to only be able to find them on line.

Did you have the target model, first? Was it easy to switch out the barrel?

The Talo will be online, but I bought a stainless, fluted barrel new in SS last year.

If it's a dealer exclusive it will be harder to find, and almost impossible to find in a store. I have a target exclusive, which i purchased off gun broker, the local shop could have gotten it for me, but at a $100 dollar difference. Barrels are easy to change, but yes the serial number is on the barrel, so i guess you would need a Permit for another barrel.

If u want to buy it in a store, u can get a regular SS fluted target and throw a fiber optic sight on it.

The fiber optic sights come on the hunter model. Sorry, I'm on my phone. The difference between the standard hunter and the talo was only the grip the last time I checked.

Mine was the same way, target exclusive, with hogue aluminum grips. I just had to have it. I think mine was a lipsey's exclusive tho. I thought about purchasing the aftermarket grips, but it would have been more $$ then to just buy the exclusive. The grips are expensive at around 70-80 bucks for the exclusive grips, if u can even find them. Hogue sells them for 50 but they arent the same and have no markings on them.

• Like 1

I don't think you can get the 5 1/2 barrel on the Hunter. It only comes in 4 1/2" and 6 5/8", unless you get the TALO edition.

I am not that interested in the grip, as I will probably replace with a Pachmayr grip, anyway, and I know I can get the sight replaced, that is why I want the Mark III instead of the Mark II. What I want is the stainless non-22/45 version with the 5 1/2 fluted barrel. The Target bull barrel comes in 5 1/2 inch version, but it is not fluted.

I don't think you can get the 5 1/2 barrel on the Hunter. It only comes in 4 1/2" and 6 5/8", unless you get the TALO edition.

I am not that interested in the grip, as I will probably replace with a Pachmayr grip, anyway, and I know I can get the sight replaced, that is why I want the Mark III instead of the Mark II. What I want is the stainless non-22/45 version with the 5 1/2 fluted barrel. The Target bull barrel comes in 5 1/2 inch version, but it is not fluted.

I SEE! Welp, if u found it online i say buy it. I know gunbroker has a ton of them, at very good prices.