TheWombat

My Early Christmas Present (Ed Brown Kobra Carry Lightweight 1911)

I like the Chip McCormick Power mags in my Colt. They always feed well.

If you ever go shooting at Shore Shot, let me know and I'll let you give them a try.

http://www.cmcmags.com/Powermags.html

Thanks, will let you know when we head that way. Are the followers metal or plastic?

Thanks

TheWombat

Thanks, will let you know when we head that way. Are the followers metal or plastic?

Thanks

TheWombat

Followers are metal. Some people like the plastic ones that keep the unit steady

and don't allow any tilting. However, I've found it really doesn't matter if the follower

can tilt because when you load ammo it straightens it out anyways. The only time

when this matters is if you do reload practice drills and the follower tilts forward on

the way into the mag well. But that would never happen in competition since you

never load an empty mag.

Thanks

TheWombat

what zoid said as well.

BTW, have you tried Colt or Mec-Gar mags in her? A friend here has one and it didn't like either of those magazines.

I've just added some VZ Operator II grips. I found the original EB grips to not provide me enough grip.

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

The Operator IIs have a LOT more bite. I may see how it feels to shoot if I get to RTSP this weekend.

:-)

TheWombat

What were the original grips?

Unsure - there are no specific markings on them. The EB website just states: "Slim wood grips for a thinner width." They comprise small diamonds. Probably work fine for many people, however I find I prefer grippier grips.

TheWombat

Unsure - there are no specific markings on them. The EB website just states: "Slim wood grips for a thinner width." They comprise small diamonds. Probably work fine for many people, however I find I prefer grippier grips.

TheWombat

IIRC, rszmit has the same gun but with snake skin grips . They made the gun stick to your hand like liquid nail.