TCinJ

What to do while I wait......

Last time I was at Harry's A/N they had just moved to the strip mall from their old location (over a year ago?) They had divided the gun shop and probably had the new name Cheyenne - but it didn't stick with me.

In any case, I'm not bent on buying mail order. It's just convenient shopping around online and comparing the different models. There's a FFL here in Trenton (Leroy Stout) that advertises $40 transfers. (NICS included)

From the prices I saw at Cheyenne last year, it would be worthwhile to mail order. But it looks like I can get hooked up with a good deal from another source.

I've got some time to decide and put away some more cash if necessary. I'm in no rush, but once I get the paperwork the clock starts ticking.

Thanks again for all the responses! Plenty more n00b questions to come...... :p

Just to be clear, the clock starts ticking once the police sign the permits. When you pick them up is up to you.

Update: I picked up my permits from the PD last week.

So from start to finish (including a 2 week electronic fingerprinting appt. delay) a little over 6 weeks. Minus the two weeks for fingerprinting, it's 4 weeks. And remember this was during the Christmas and New Year's holidays.

All I can say is kudos to Jack Bryden at the Ewing PD for taking care of business pronto and being super nice too!

I should be picking up my new Ruger SR9 shortly, and my brother will be giving me his Ruger MKII (stainless target model) because he doesn't use it much any more. That'll leave me with one more to burn - but I'll probably let it expire unless something else catches my eye.

Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions!

Jack's a good guy and is on your side for permits. I've never asked him about the extra forms, but they are still required (my son just picked up the packet)

I'm curious, though. What was this about going to a company for fingerprinting? Jack did mine for me, he even printed me for my FL CCW.

Apparently, digital fingerprinting is required if you haven't had it done already.

It is done by a company called Safran MorphoTrak. They are located on Parkway Ave, a little before the CVS pharmacy if you're headed towards West Trenton. Lucky for me to be so close to one of their offices.

A son of a co-worker (who also lives in Ewing) applied for a NJ CCW. Jack pretty much told him he was wasting his time, but he processed the paperwork anyway. That was probably a couple of weeks after I applied. He should be getting his rejection letter shortly......

Last time I was at Harry's A/N they had just moved to the strip mall from their old location (over a year ago?) They had divided the gun shop and probably had the new name Cheyenne - but it didn't stick with me.

So THAT'S what happened (and where) Harry's went to. I passed by there a few weeks ago and was going to stop in but saw they were closed up. What strip mall are they now in?

They're in the strip mall directly behind the old Harrys building. The new Harrys is in the corner of the "L" and Cheyenne (they're gun and archery store) is to Harrys immediate right (facing the stores)

Thanks Andy.