Sign in to follow this  
gunnarsport

CZ85B or HK UPS, 9mm?

Hi,

I should be getting my third pistol permit from Robbinsville PD soon and I will be purchasing my first semi auto. I already

own 2 revolvers. I am a lefty, and have narrowed my choices down to either the CZ85B(fully ambidextrous model) or

the HK USP, both in 9mm.

Any folks here either own these pistols, or have thoughts?

This will be strictly a fun recreational range gun and for self defense, but NOT for carry.

Thanks

Well at least you have narrowed your choice down to two great pistols! Have you tried handling each, or possibly shooting either one? Because that will be the ultimate test on which one you like more.

All things aside, I will vote the CZ because I have a couple and I absolutely love the way they shoot!

Get the CZ.... save about $200 and use it on ammo.

If it is just a range gun, then steel and adj sights over polymer anyday. Plus you could Cond I carry the 85 if you want. Totally underated gun by a company that loves civilian shooters... cant say that about H&K.

Steel will reduce the felt recoil, all else being equal over polymer? Or at least will make it more enjoyable to shoot.

The only polymer handguns I really like are the Hk P30 and the Smith Wesson M&P's.

But it all depends on what you like to shoot.

I would suggest going to ShoreShot, and renting a few pistols and seeing what you like. Don't buy on handling it at the gun store alone.