Mo Vice

Hello from North Brunswick (Middlesex County)

Hey everyone,

I finally decided it was time to post something about myself; I've been lurking on the forums for a number of months now. I originally found NJGF through a Google search on NJ Firearms laws and have been a daily reader since.

I spoke to my local PD about a FID and purchase permits this past Friday and was told I should stop by after the holiday weekend. I'm going in tomorrow and will start counting the days, hopefully my town doesn't take too long on the turnaround. I read through the forums regarding the process/length of time for other members but I haven't seen anyone else try from North Brunswick yet. I'll be sure to keep you all in the loop.

I'm definitely a beginner-level shooter and have limited experience with a few handguns but I think my first purchase will be a 9mm, most likely a Glock 17. I'm applying for 3 permits and would love to hear advice for handguns #2 and #3.

I also read up on local gun shops and ranges. I'll be doing plenty of window-shopping during the wait, but from what I've read, I think Shore Shot or the Bullethole might be the best choices for buying. Also looked into Old Bridge as a potential club to join.

Thanks to everyone for the hours of reading informative posts. I'm looking forward to gun ownership and the opportunity to meet up at the range!

- Maurice

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice choice for a first semi-auto and 9mm is one of the cheaper rounds to shoot, but don't overlook the Glock 19. As far as gun's 2 & 3, all depends on what you want to do with them. Give it a little time, especially being you said you are looking at OBRPC. Many gun disciplines to shoot there and it would be better to see what you want to do first.

As to where to buy, try out forum sponsors and use the price checker here on the forum also, too many good ones to name and many local to you.