Sign in to follow this  
raz-0

CJUSPSA 1-8-12

He just had to post it after me shooting the star right? =P

Humn, I have not used the star in a stage design in the past few months..... ideas for next month.

<gamer> Sometimes, if you know you are going to waste alot of time trying to attempt the star, shoot what you can, and if you must quit, make sure you at least take the 5 shots at it (FTE penalties), and stop..... instead of wasting another 30 seconds and running out of ammo anyway. =) </gamer>

But if you are like ray ray and just want to hit all the steel/paper you paid match fee for.... do it. =)

Thanx to Maks worn out fingers the scores are up. A number of score sheets did not have the time entered, not much we can do for those, those stages count as "Did not fire" also known as zero. If you score, make sure you have a complete score sheet, if you are the shooter also please make sure you have a complete score sheet.

Also, I'll now sorta disagree with Maks on the star issue. When you get a bit more experience the star becomes a question of "Can you do it with 5 rounds?" not "Can you do it?" . However you don't get to do that by giving up when you can't do it. They are an expensive prop, even if you have one it still a pain in the a** to drag out to the range so you might as well get every bit of experience you can out of it.

Yes, there is something to be said for not falling in love with a target you just can't hit and moving on, but that should be reserved for shots you KNOW you can't make that day .. say a 6 inch plate at 25 yards when you don't practice that kind of shot. Nowdays I reserve that option for some long range rifle shots in rifle matches.

Thanx to Maks worn out fingers the scores are up. A number of score sheets did not have the time entered, not much we can do for those, those stages count as "Did not fire" also known as zero. If you score, make sure you have a complete score sheet, if you are the shooter also please make sure you have a complete score sheet.

Also, I'll now sorta disagree with Maks on the star issue. When you get a bit more experience the star becomes a question of "Can you do it with 5 rounds?" not "Can you do it?" . However you don't get to do that by giving up when you can't do it. They are an expensive prop, even if you have one it still a pain in the a** to drag out to the range so you might as well get every bit of experience you can out of it.

Yes, there is something to be said for not falling in love with a target you just can't hit and moving on, but that should be reserved for shots you KNOW you can't make that day .. say a 6 inch plate at 25 yards when you don't practice that kind of shot. Nowdays I reserve that option for some long range rifle shots in rifle matches.

Oh I absolutely agree you must be able to hit the star... =P Personally I love them. The only one I had issue on was last spring, Slav did a star with a weighted start.... the activator started moving it... and everything in my head went out th window..... that was "entertaining".

The moving BEFORE you shoot it is the right way in my opinion. Once you know how to shoot it, a static star moves almost not at all if it starts still and it isn't much different then 5 static plates. I briefly considered doing it the right way, but it was January so considering possible weather I decided to be nice.