Sign in to follow this  
kmill77

DP Mag tuning kit....Anyone use it?

I've recently purchased an STI High Performance Edge from Brazo's along with 4 additional STI 126mm mags.

I'm well into the "break in" period, about 850 rounds through it already but I'm still having some nose dive jams.

Much reading has led me to the possible conclusion that my magazines may need tuning.

I'm wondering if anyone has used the Dawson Precision mag tuning kit or if anyone has another possible solution to

nose dive jams.

The gun is .40 S&W and I've ran about 600 Remington factory rounds, experienced nose dives at least 1 per mag.

Once I got all my .40 reloading equipment I've ran about 250 hand loaded rounds through. No major differences.

I'm seating them to 1.20" OAL. Any info is appreciated!

is it the last round nose diving?

No, not the last round. Often the first unless I slingshot the slide closed and varying rounds in between.

I think I'm going to try new followers, polish the feed ramp and see what happens.

I hear the STI stock followers are junk.

Yes the stock sti followers are junk.

If you have not already, I would purchase from Brazos (ask Bob or Inge) for the grams spring and follower kit.

If your gun is set up to lock or not lock when empty, let them know so they can send you the correct follower.

1+ for Grams springs and followers. I tried to have all of my 38 super mags sent out for a tune after experiencing feeding problems. All of the popular guys were either really busy or only doing it for their gun customers. I bought the Dawson kit and it works awesome. You'll be surprised at how out of spec your mags are. It is a little weird beating on your 150.00 mags with a hammer at first!! After I got everything tuned they worked flawlessly. Get the kit...it's really worth it!

Jan