JaredC

Bullethole experience (thumbs down)

Bullet Hole is the worst indoor range in New Jersey, arguably in the country. Too cramped, too many jerks, run by idiots, and ROs that love the power of being in charge. Spend your money elsewhere.

Naw, the worst indoor range I've ever been to was a 3 lane one in South Carolina. Pay $10, and you can shoot all day... or if you're waiting in line, you can wait in line all day because someone is shooting all day...

Bullethole has a lot of issues given the size of the location, and the limited options available in terms of expanding it. When it was first built, I bet it was one range in a dozen in a region of 20 miles. But since then, all their competition has closed down, and they are left dealing with a larger volume of customers, with less room to accommodate them all. Sucks for the shooter, but when you're the last man standing, it doesn't suck for your bottom line.

Hopefully, we have more RTSP-like ranges opening soon. We need more of those types of shooting places.

Went there a lot when I got my first gun b/c it's the closest public range to my house. Now things are opening up and I'm willing to drive to PA (Heritage Guild in Easton) for a more pleasant experience. I've never had any issues with the RO, but the store staff aren't the most pleasant people. The range is dirty and crowded, but you get what you pay for...when I went it was like $12.50 for pistol and maybe $15 for rifle, and you could have a friend or two with you for no addt'l charge. Now when I go someplace else they charge you per person (not per port) which is absurd to me because it's no additional cost to them save maybe a little extra effort by the RO. I'm not talking about throwing my 30th birthday party with all my friends in one port, but charging x3 for people to rotate and shoot their own gun and ammo is pretty silly.

All in all i gave the place 3 stars on google because you get what you pay for and it's convenient. I ain't lookin to make friends there, just blow off steam and throw some lead down range.