Sign in to follow this  
DiPop33

Kel Tec KSG vs SRM 1216

I've seen the other post on here with the lengthy debate over the practicality of the KSG but I figured I would add a little twist. I don't know if anyone on here has already brought up the SRM 1216 because I'm new on here but I thought these 2 guns were pretty similar besides the price range (SRM so far I've seen are going for around $1,800) and I would like to see what everyone has to say about it. Just to give some info, the SMR is a semi auto shotgun that looks just like KSG and has one magazine with 4 tubes holding 4 rounds in each tube. I know that is 16 rounds but on SRM's website they do offer a 10 round tube for California residents which we can obviously use. Like I said, I was just wondering what people thought of it.

Price point seems th be the major difference..at least OUTSIDE the PRNJ..MSRP is $2400 for the SRM with another $200 per magazine. If and when the KSG is up and running, MSRP will be around $800 with an actual retail probably between $6 and $7 Hundred. The SRM seems interesting, but WAY spendy..even for the 3-gun guys who seem to be going towards Saigas and Benellis

A common question is, “How is this shotgun legal if it’s more than 10-rounds?” The 1216 has a quad tube magazine that holds 4 rounds in each tube. After one tube of 4 rounds is dispensed, you must manually index the tube to the next chamber of 4 rounds. Because it’s not a continuous 10-rounds, and instead separated into 4 tubes, it complies with California’s law.

Interesting, I wonder if we could use this explanation to make it jersey legal [disregarding the pistol grip]. Technically, you have to spin the tube to get the next 4 rounds so it is basically like having four 4rd. mag tubes coupled together.

I think if we got rid of the pistol grip somehow this could be nj legal.