alex22

Trigger job?

Anyone know a goid gunsmith that's able to do a trigger job on a S&W 40VE? Trigger pull is about 12lbs and I want it to be lighter

You can do all you want, but if it going to be reliable, 9lbs is about where you are going to wind up. I don't know of any real gunsmiths that will work on them, when you can find them for $290 retail and gunsmiths like to value their labor at abotu $80-100 per hour witha 1 hour minimum, well...

Sigmas are cheap as hell for a reason. Most cost effective way to get a better gun is to sell it and buy a better gun.

Alex. see what raz-o said above, he won't steer you wrong, however you might want to take a look on the internet and youtube for that gun and spring kits. Sometimes, especially with a gun like that you might as well try do see what you can do yourself y using the experience of others out there. Sometimes some smoothing out, polishing and a spring kit fro companies like Wolf could do wonders and for not too much coin.

I just got a spring kit for my Taurus 94 and will be working on it next week when I have a little more time, I figure if I am able to accomplish what I want or close to that I will be a total under 10 dollar trigger job. Will if be like a pro job, heck now, but I do expect to net quite a bit vs money spent. Plus a Taurus 94 is a cheap gun, however if I had a high dollar gun I might go another route. Just something to consider, plus you will get to know your gun just that much better.

Re: pizza bob's statement, yeah, pretty much all you can do is DIY. There are several writeups out there on how to do it. It's a bit of a PITA, and you CAN get it below 9lbs, but your odds of keeping it reliable are low,a nd once you go too far, it's time to buy new parts.

I've seen three versions of it, and I'm not familiar enough with the implicatiosn of the DIY mods that I would feel comfortable endorsing any of them as a good idea. but google sigma trigger fix, and you cna decide for yourself.