JerseyMike24

Applied for my pistol permits

Was told i could only apply for one, then after a month i could apply for another. The lady made me erase the "3" from how many permits i would like and made it a "1". I explained i should beable to get 3 permits as long as i use them a month apart. Anyone else have this problem. Location is rahway.

Go to www.nj2as.com and choose their documents page. There is a letter from the Chief of State police telling departments that they MUST give as many permits as requested. Print this and take it to the clerk. Tell her that you will be on the phone with the State police if she refuses you, and that she will have to deal with disobeying a directive. Unfortunately, being a nice guy buys you nothing in some towns. You need to demand your rights.

Also, contact the NJ 2nd Amendment society at that website. They are keeping track of towns like yours that break the law when it comes to firearms.

Go to www.nj2as.com and choose their documents page. There is a letter from the Chief of State police telling departments that they MUST give as many permits as requested. Print this and take it to the clerk. Tell her that you will be on the phone with the State police if she refuses you, and that she will have to deal with disobeying a directive. Unfortunately, being a nice guy buys you nothing in some towns. You need to demand your rights.

Also, contact the NJ 2nd Amendment society at that website. They are keeping track of towns like yours that break the law when it comes to firearms.

My town used to have a 1 permit limit but they've seen the light. The nice lady at my town was just following the rules that her superiors told her. Don't get tough with the nice lady in Rahway, especially if she is civlian. Ask to speak to the officer in charge of FID/permits and talk to him/her about changing their rules.