TheWombat

Glocks on Gizmodo

I never expected to see an article about Glocks on Gizmodo (technology website) however to my surprise there was one today:

http://gizmodo.com/5...favorite-weapon

The article just barely touches the surface, however it is good to see something about firearms, that isn't anti-firearms, on such a popular website.

Some of the comments posted by people are a little odd, oh well!

TheWombat

Excellent example of a comment.

"You can "drop" a person with a BB gun, if your shot is placed right. A .22 has more than enough stopping power for your average intruder. If your goal is a guaranteed kill, your phrasing is wrong, you live in the wrong state and I wouldn't recommend you own a gun anyway. Pain and surprise stop people; get a paint ball gun. " -Some internet dumbass.

"Statistically in home defence you are more likely to be killed if you are armed. If you have to use something a bit more utilitarian a pump action shotgun. Or even something that is both effective and decorative like one of the modern Winchester remakes.

I'm not a fan of hand guns for civilians. No real valid need for them in my opinion."- Internet Stats guy (where they come from nobody knows!)

Excellent example of a comment.

"You can "drop" a person with a BB gun, if your shot is placed right. A .22 has more than enough stopping power for your average intruder. If your goal is a guaranteed kill, your phrasing is wrong, you live in the wrong state and I wouldn't recommend you own a gun anyway. Pain and surprise stop people; get a paint ball gun. " -Some internet dumbass.

"Statistically in home defence you are more likely to be killed if you are armed. If you have to use something a bit more utilitarian a pump action shotgun. Or even something that is both effective and decorative like one of the modern Winchester remakes.

I'm not a fan of hand guns for civilians. No real valid need for them in my opinion."- Internet Stats guy (where they come from nobody knows!)

Yeah, didn't you know? If you are armed within your home, all of the bad guy's bullets become heat seeking and have the force of about 20 hellfire missiles. :laugh:

I just read through many of the comments on that Gizmodo article and I can't believe how many ignorant/uneducated people there are in this country. Someone recommended a paintball gun as a home defense weapon... WTF. They'll most likely continue to be ignorant until these people handle a real gun or get into a home invasion situation themselves.

Originally asked about effectiveness of rock salt, but then found this site, with pictures: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot33.htm

I started reading the article. The author writes like a teenager texting.

That way, the Glock would be legitimized in the minds of civilians because the police was using it.
"was"?!

And finally!
that is not a sentence

I think I'll stop reading it.

I started reading the article. The author writes like a teenager texting.

"was"?!

that is not a sentence

I think I'll stop reading it.

Capitilization is important. But I agree with the sentiment.

I did like some of the suggestions people had, one round of rocksalt, and then the more lethal rounds. I mean, that would make it hard to argue that you didn't give them a chance. Actually most people who get killed in home invasions are most likely killed because they have a weapon, but don't pull the trigger.