chris327

Starting reloading pistol or shotshell first what to get

First off, what do you shoot the most.

Between the 3 calibers I wold chose to load .40 S&W. For me I shoot that the most, and the cost difference between loading and buying factory ammo is the greatest. Plus I shoot Minor and Major Power Factors depending if I am shooting a Steel Match or USPSA match.

For the cost of 12GA and especially is your shooting 7 1/2 or 8's you can really do well with sales and bulk orders but not something if you do shoot a lot of that might not be a bad thing to get into. But I do see Center-fire ammo the be the most economical to reload. Keep in mind I am new and people who know way more than I will be chiming in so don't make any decisions just yet.

By the way, what do you shoot, Skeet, Trap, how many shells a month, and for Center-fire, what do you shoot, Target, gun games, how many rounds each also. This additional info will help all of us come up with better info for you.

You can spend as little as a couple hundred or more than a grand depending on how you equip yourself.

Figure out what your budget is and how much and of what (pistol, rifle, shotgun) you plan on shooting. Post that up.

That would help with the suggestions

Looking to spend under 500 to start. I have my own thrower for clays. I use about a case a month of 12ga. I shoot more .40 than 9mm for now but that will change soon. Looking to get into gun games soon also.

The Lee classic turret setup(plus scale, tumbler, etc etc) from soup-to-nuts will run you about $450 to start loading one pistol caliber.