Got a call today from Dicks. They left a message for me to come in and complete "paperwork" that they said was not completely filled out when I purchased my .22 back in December of 2011. When I got home and checked my files, I see that the state of residence was left blank on my copy of the COE. All other info was filled in. The person who left the message stated I needed to come in ASAP to avoid any problems in the future. I plan on going over tomorrow to take care of this.

Is it a major issue that "NJ" was left off of the form? I understand that incomplete means incomplete but if this became an issue am I looking at a huge deal being made?

If it was a made out to be a big deal, is it all on me or shouldn't the FFL have caught this when I made the purchase 3 months ago?

you sign saying all info is true..

they are supposed to check..

so it should just be right.. will they come arrest you and take your guns? unlikely.. but the issue could just be as simple as they have "a guy" that audits paperwork to avoid any potential for problems.. and it just now came up..

They probably are getting audited or are preparing to be soon by the NJSP and was making sure the i's were dotted and t's were crossed when they noticed the incomplete COE. From what I understand some of the state auditors can be real ball busters, and this being NJ a lot of time they are looking for a reason to yank licenses - not that this alone would do that, but if they find other problems these things can add up.

Call them back and tell them your copy has the state on it and if they want you back they need to offer you a gift card or special discount, but to come down there out of your way, they should make it worth your time.

They can do that, it happend to me last year at the one in Woodbridge.

• Like 1