Sign in to follow this  
magic7

WMA's that you can shoot at NNJ

I was inquiring particularly about the Rockaway River WMA. On the website below which has the PDF map, it shows a range here. Does anyone know if this is still there? According to the other website there are only 2 in the Northern Region you can shoot at. Flatbrook-Roy and Clinton.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/wmamaps/rockaway_river.pdf

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/ranges.htm

i shoot at clinton often,, they have a 100yard range maybe about 7 shooting benches and a roof over your head whille youre shooting,,, for the most part its clean theres always a few slobs that dont clean up after themselves,, u can shoot slugs, muzzleloader and .22 rimfire rifles there,,, usually i find an open spot right away sometimes on weekends i might have to wait a bit but thats not often

Clinton has a shotgun range, as well as an archery range, AND rifle range. Rifle range is only rimfire and shotgun slugs/buckshot.

The rifle range is out to 100yds and you bring your own targets/target stands. There is an overhand for where you shoot at, so you could shoot comfortably in the rain. I have only been to the rifle range a couple times as I spend most my time at the shotgun range.

If you shoot at Clinton WMA, please clean up after yourself. Also, when shooting, be sure to set up your targets so that your rounds will impact the berm. There are small berms at the 25 and 50yd mark, so if you're shooting at that distance place your targets in front of the berm or on top of it, high enough that the rounds will not skip on the ground, but instead impact the 100yd yard berm.

ETA: This may sound confusing, but will make sense when you see it.

If you shoot at Clinton WMA, please clean up after yourself. Also, when shooting, be sure to set up your targets so that your rounds will impact the berm. There are small berms at the 25 and 50yd mark, so if you're shooting at that distance place your targets in front of the berm or on top of it, high enough that the rounds will not skip on the ground, but instead impact the 100yd yard berm.

ETA: This may sound confusing, but will make sense when you see it.

From website:

clinton_range_sign.jpg