Sign in to follow this  
Underdog

Savage 10 FCM Scout and Ruger American Rifle

Does anybody have any experience this Savage, especially the new ones with Accutrigger and Accustock? I'm interested in one in .308 for sure, and I like the forward sight. The 7.62 has some appeal too, especially as a practice rifle, but a Saiga will work just fine for that.

As to the purpose, I am looking for an all-round .308 that will be good out to 200-300 yards and I like the idea of iron sights. Since a Saiga would suffice in shorter range, maybe I should get something with longer range potential. So, would another Savage, Ruger or Remington be a better bet? I have also considered the Savage 16 Weather Warrior in .308 as well.

Also, has anybody handled one of the new Ruger American Rifles... they seem to be a really nice budget rifle that might fit nicely.

I am also considering an Enfield in .308.

I'm interested in buying my first bolt action rifle and had my eyes on the Ruger American also.

I'm reading different opinions about the American and some competitive offerings from Savage and others. I want decent performance as well as something that will last (I maintain my stuff well), while not spending a ton of money, upper budget of around $600, not counting optics.

Opinions appreciated.

Blue1