Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

CeasefireNJ comes out against Self-Defense

The "Stand Your Ground" laws, presently in 24 states including FL, contain provisions that generally permit the use of deadly force in self-defense without imposing a duty to retreat when outside the home. Ceasefire is proud to say that NJ does not have a 'Stand Your Ground' law.

http://www.peacecoalition.org/chapters/ceasefirenj.html

Then again, we all knew this.........

Would like to know how many of their members or members' family members have had some type of serious threat or crime perpertrated against them......

Oh I'm sure none of them... That site disgusts me.. Might as well be an advocate to 'roll over and die' so the bad guys get what they want.. :banghead:

I'm willing to bet that a majority of that group's members are the types that live in a 'bubble of obliviousness', in their little protected world of driving back and forth to their job on protected park-like grounds off a major highway, gourmet supermarket, farmer's market, school, and soccer practice.

I'm willing to bet that a majority of that group's members are the types that live in a 'bubble of obliviousness', in their little protected world of driving back and forth to their job on protected park-like grounds off a major highway, gourmet supermarket, farmer's market, school, and soccer practice.

Take a look at their website. The group they merged with are nothing but washed up hippies from the 60s who still don't know how the real world works.

Oh I'm sure none of them... That site disgusts me.. Might as well be an advocate to 'roll over and die' so the bad guys get what they want.. :banghead:

Or more appropriately they advocate " bending over and taking it" . What a bunch of liberal pussies.

Take a look at their website. The group they merged with are nothing but washed up hippies from the 60s who still don't know how the real world works.

The thing is these 'washed up hippies from the 60's" used to cry and demand "Power To The People" ...well now that these hypocrites have their little power trip going ...its more like "Piss On The People"

I sent them a letter:

I don't think your organization understands the importance of 'Stand Your Ground' laws. There are certain instances in which an individual has the due right to protect his personal being and property. For example: I am walking home late at night, a criminal would like to accost me with a knife or a gun. What are my options here? A.) Call the police - takes too long, I could be dead already. B.) I give him my money/items hoping he doesn't kill the only witness, me. C.) Defend my self with justified force if necessary to protect life and limb.

There are certain instances where running/hiding/giving up your valuables are not viable when criminals perpetrate certain crimes. Instead of you grandstanding about the lack of 'Stand Your Ground' law maybe you should be asking criminals to turn in their weapons so that there isn't a need for a 'Stand Your Ground' law.

Better yet, I would like to have a intelligent dialog about a fair and proper 'Stand Your Ground' law. If you understand that there will always be a criminal element and that members of society will always have prey-predator dynamics then you understand the justification for a 'Castle Doctrine'/'Stand Your Ground' law. There have been many cases of Florida's castle doctrine saving many lives due to criminal activity and "predators" stalking their "prey" which outweighs singular events such as Treyvon Martin's unfortunate death.

As someone that would rather defend his life and liberty with force when it is unjustly taken/deprived it pains me to see organizations naive as youself to the reality of our times. A walk through Camden/Newark/Jersey City is in order for your organization where crime is prevalent and individuals don't have the rights to defend themselves.

• Like 1

Don't worry about it. The anti gun clowns will flap their yaps every time a gun related incident occurs (Giffords, Fort Hood, this), and they will be ignored. Heard any noise about "assault clips" lately? Just ignore them while we continue to win incremental 2A victories.