Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Stevens 410/12MM

Bought one today..

Any recommendations on where I can take it to make sure it's safe to fire? It wouldn't be much more then a wall hanger, but it would be fun to shoot once and a while.

I'm looking to "restore" it to like new condition. I understand from reading some Google searches that this things pretty much a throw away type of weapon, but I thought it was cool looking and couldn't resist the price.

Any one know anything about these little pieces of joy?

Currently have it COMPLETELY stripped. Needs a complete cleaning, everything is gunked up badly. Going to soak the parts in a solvent and scrub the shit out of them. Then soak in oil, and reassemble!

Currently have it COMPLETELY stripped. Needs a complete cleaning, everything is gunked up badly. Going to soak the parts in a solvent and scrub the shit out of them. Then soak in oil, and reassemble!

This sounds like a plan. Just don't start spending too much money on it as it will be very easy to exceed the value if the shotgun. Get all the rust and gunk off, preserve it and maybe clean up the stock.

Clean the bore and you should be good to go.

This sounds like a plan. Just don't start spending too much money on it as it will be very easy to exceed the value if the shotgun. Get all the rust and gunk off, preserve it and maybe clean up the stock.

Clean the bore and you should be good to go.

I'll go over the cost of it buying the solvents to clean it. I got it really really cheap.

I'm not to concerned with going over the value. Don't get me wrong I'm not gonna dump $500 into it, but maybe $10-$200 or so if I need to get some new parts or have the metal refinished. I bought it as a wall hanger and for a project. My first "resto" if ya will..