dtown223

14.5" mid-length considerations

I'm considering a 14.5 middy for a new rifle build, looking @ PSA or BCM with a pinned comp to get 16"

What will I need to address?

I'm looking at this for the stock

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=299

Buffer weight issues?

perhaps an ace entry with carbine tube-spring & buffer?

I'll be using this BCG

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Bolt-Carrier-Group-MPI-Auto-M16-p/bcm%20bolt%20carrier%20group%20auto%20mp.htm

I run a BCM 14.5 middy with a pinned FCS556 brake using a pinned MOE stock along with a PSA milspec tube/spring/standard carbine buffer. Works like a champ. You can use whatever stock you want over the buffer tube.

I would look into a PWS if you can find one out there. Or you can always order one direct and wait the 60-90 days if your not in a hurry.

I have a 14.5" in 7.62x39 and am very very impressed. So impressed I think I may get one in 556/223 as well.

Best thing about them is that you can buy their 14.5" uppers from anywhere that sells them because they are all pinned and welded and all have PWS brakes that are 50 state legal...

Thanks for the response, the PWS stuff looks really nice, but is way outta my league! I know shooting is not a great pastime for a guy on a budget, PSA & BCM both have fine reputations, and I can buy alot of ammo with the savings!

My Spikes 14.5" mid has run on anything Ive fed it so far (everything from steel cased to xm855 to tracers) without any problems using either the standard carbine buffer and a Spikes t2 buffer.

PSA's 14.7" m4 upper is on my list of uppers I want (but dont have the money for currently)

My Spikes 14.5" mid has run on anything Ive fed it so far (everything from steel cased to xm855 to tracers) without any problems using either the standard carbine buffer and a Spikes t2 buffer.

PSA's 14.7" m4 upper is on my list of uppers I want (but dont have the money for currently)

i just got range time with my spikes setup.. and I was VERY pleased.. new favorite gun...