Hi all,

I have just purchased my first firearm and am new to the forum. I am interested to find someone who can "permanently alter" high capacity mags for my G17 to hold the NJ State max of 15.

I spoke to a State Trooper in the firearms unit the other day and he said for it to be considered "Permanent" a block would have to be affixed with a "blind pin" and the springs would have to be cut shorter so that it could not be reversed.

Any thoughts on this? Does anyone know a reputable place to order these modified mags? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dont listen to that statey or any cop for that matter. read the law yourself, and follow that. the springs do NOT need to be cut. the mag has to be 'permanently altered.' whether that means a rivet drilled in, a block placed and pinned/glued/welded, or something else, it doesnt matter

dont listen to that statey or any cop for that matter. read the law yourself, and follow that. the springs do NOT need to be cut. the mag has to be 'permanently altered.' whether that means a rivet drilled in, a block placed and pinned/glued/welded, or something else, it doesnt matter

+1

The information the OP received is not in the law (springs cut????) and also contrary to what the Admin Code states (pinning not allowed).

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container, which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine."

Hi all,

I have just purchased my first firearm and am new to the forum. I am interested to find someone who can "permanently alter" high capacity mags for my G17 to hold the NJ State max of 15.

A factory G17 mag may be illegal in NJ, but it is not "high capacity." It is standard capacity. I guess 15 rounds could be called "reduced capacity."

'Springs cut'????? LMAO

What next? Cut your index fingers?

ONE single round alone here in NJ is considered 'high capacity'. This is the rule of thumb one should consider, as it is the mindset of those in power that the sheep brought there.

Thanks for the feedback guys... I think he was saying cut the springs because it was the only way that the modification could not possibly be reversed? But then again I guess you could always replace the springs as well. Unfortunately the statute doesn't define what "permanent" means. Gotta love NJ!

It would be pretty easy to cut a block of wood representing two 9mm rounds, shove it under the spring, then put the floorplate on and gorilla glue the fucker on. It'll take you one day and a trip to America to accomplish.