Sign in to follow this  
SW9racer

Weekend ranges open at cj?

Was checking through the calendar at Central Jersey, and it seems just about everything is booked solid on the weekends for the rest of the summer, such as the outdoor pistol and most of the pits. Is this correct or am I reading the calendar wrong? If I join this club, is it a lost cause for any weekend shooting for either pistol or 50 yard rifle?

Most of the things that are on the schedule don't use all of any facility. For example, there are something like 14 pistol pits. I don't think any event this summer will use more than eight.

For example, just about every saturday has nra-pistol, does that take up the entire pistol range? Then I see many sundays that have rifle events, does that use the entire high power range?

Now, if an event is using the pistol range, can I set up targets at 7-15 yards on the regular rifle range?

Each calendar event shows what ranges will be "in use". Any not listed as "in use" should be available for use by members. That wasn't the case today, but it seems they made an error.