Sign in to follow this  
Little Red Rooster

Browning Model 27 O/U 12ga field gun

I found a Browning Model 27 Field O/U 12 Gauge with a asking price of $999 (apparently used to be at $1500). It says metal, wood and bore are "as new". It has a SST trigger, 28" barrel, modified/full choke.

-Does anyone have any first hand experience with this model? (I can't find too much info on it and only really used the citori and cynergy before).

-Is it good for my sole purpose of clay shooting?

- Is this a fair price?

-Any helpful information??

Thank you.

I found a Browning Model 27 Field O/U 12 Gauge with a asking price of $999 (apparently used to be at $1500). It says metal, wood and bore are "as new". It has a SST trigger, 28" barrel, modified/full choke.

-Does anyone have any first hand experience with this model? (I can't find too much info on it and only really used the citori and cynergy before).

-Is it good for my sole purpose of clay shooting?

- Is this a fair price?

-Any helpful information??

Thank you.

B-27's are sometimes referred to as a poor man's Superposed (in some cases.) They are made in Leige, Belgium, and may or may not be stamped "Browning" on the bottom of the frame. Older ones are a little more refined than newer ones, and can have different grades of engraving or NO engraving. The downside to the one you're looking at would be those fixed chokes (M&F) and possibly the light weight if it's going to be used purely as a target gun. The fixed chokes may limit you on a skeet or clays course if you want to get serious.

If you want an older, used Belgium Browning 12 ga. you can find them for as low as $1,200 to as high as the sky's the limit if you really shop around. You may have to make the same concessions though on configurations. Double that price if you're looking for a 20 ga. (Personally, I'd pick an older Belgium Superposed at $1,200 over a B-27 for $999. It's a better made gun.)

The Citori's (Jap) Browning's make a bit more sense to search for because most will have replaceable choke tubes, and barrels will be rated for steel shot as well.