55 members have voted

1. 1. Which handgun to buy

• Beretta 92a1 9mm
    • Taurus pt 92 9mm
    • Springfield Armory Range Officer
    • Taurus PT1911 9mm
    • Rock Island Armory 1911 9mm
    • Remington R1

I handled the Remington and the range officer as well as the magnum research 1911 I liked the range officer the best(obvisouly being thatisthe one I bought. The Remington was nice but the Ro just felt better made mind you it is not a light gun full steel frame the Only downside to the range officer is not a light gun full steel 5 in match barrel also

With a G19 and a PPQ, the FNS would be largely duplicate and not necessary. Also, FNH seems to be jumping all around and you cannot be sure that that gun and or parts will be available in the future. Additionally, 15-rounders are not made for it.

You could use a larger framed 9mm, but since you aren't interested in a Matte Stainless CZ 75B (my choice), I would get an M9A1, especially a stainless one if it is available, and one with a removable front sight. On a limited budget, my choice would be a stainless Taurus PT92, especially if it can be found with the new rail. The Beretta will hold its value better over the Taurus, magazines will be cheaper, and parts will more readily be available. Taurus does have a lifetime warranty, though, and could be carried "cocked and locked".

If you love the Taurus PT1911 in 38 super, then why not get another one in 9mm, especially a stainless one. If you don't, then don't get another.

You seem to have the .45s covered with the Scorpion and the XDM. For the most part, you have 9s covered, except for a larger combat one.

You are a little light on .40 S&W guns. However, as a peace officer of caliber, you might have a way of feeding your .40. If so, then I would consider something in it. But, since it isn't my favorite caliber, I won't recommend anything except maybe the Beretta or the Taurus 92ish versions in .40 (96?), or the rocking Glock 24 (which was curiously enough left off your list).

All things considered, I would probably get a Beretta 92A1 off of your list.

I am not sure what caliber your P250 is in, but I know its not .22LR. It appears from your list that you are missing a .22LR handgun. In fact, your list seems to be lacking anything in .22LR and you should consider the following:

Ruger Mark II (find an older target model in mint condition in stainless w/ a 5.5" barrel), or if you really would prefer it a nice Ruger .22/45, but I prefer the all-steel version

A quality older Colt Woodsman in .22LR - won't go down in value and will most likely be very sweet

S&W 617 (everyone needs a .22 revolver of some kind, but I know, revolvers aren't on your list, really). An SP101 in 9mm might also be a neat addition.

But this .22 would be versatile and kind of neat and find a niche in your collection, and since you can concealed carry, it might be the ticket if you can find it somewhere.

http://www.championf...1-8-p/hgmsc.htm

Again, from your list, get the Beretta, especially if you find a used one in nice shape. You might want to consider the 96A1, with adjustable rear sight.

Just to answer some of your questions. A .22lr handgun is my next purchase. This is for after that. My p250 is available to me in any caliber. I have all of the different slides. My Taurus 1911 is stainless already so I would be looking for a black one. I like the pt92 safety location over the beretta but a beretta is a beretta. I may just get an older pt92 to have later on or get one in stainless with gold accents to match my 1911 Taurus. My duty caliber is 9mm so I shoot that the most. As far as 40 goes I have the m&p and am not looking at too many more. We will see.