Sign in to follow this  
Joeybones

Buttlerfly knives

Someone recently told me that Cold Steel is eliminating the springs in their version of the buttlefly so it functions as a normal one would. And they would ship them to NJ as there was a recent change in knife laws in NJ restricting ownership.

I did not ask where that information was obtained as I figured It would be some where on the Cold Steel web site or posted elsewhere on the web.

I find nothing.

Anybody hear anything ?

Butterfly knives fall into a somewhat gray area in legality, while they aren't banned they are commonly mixed up with gravity knives which are explicitly banned.

As for cold steel, the one you're looking for is the paradox series if i remember right. Kind of pricey, but cold steel generally does good work.

I haven't heard anything but that would be great if it were true. I've seen the paradox get modded to be a normal balisong but I've heard it's not worth the trouble. You're better off just buying an actual balisong. At the Paradox price range the Bradley Kimura is a much better buy.