pjsang24

Getting rid of my P239 two-tone .40 cal

I am switching PD's and want to upgrade to a .45ACP for an off duty because that is the caliber we carry on duty. Although I despise having to get rid of a gun financially I can't just go out and drop 500 bucks on top of buying my new work equipment. Anyone know where I could get a good price for my P239 two-tone, it's only about a year old and It has been babied. Only have a few hundred rounds through it and I carried it off duty for about a year. I am planning on using the money for that to put towards a new off duty. Also anyone hear anything negative about the Ruger P345 or the Stoeger Cougar .45? Thanks for your input as always.

You know you can post an ad in the marketplace! Mostly everyone is a pleasure to deal with and I'm sure it will sell quick, most items do. That's probably the easiest route, versus getting 100 bucks for it at a local shop or having to sell it on gun broker.

Cougar in 45ACP was a pleasure to shoot. I owned the Beretta. It was excellent quality and a nice trigger. From what I have read, the Stoegers are similar quality and built on old Beretta machinery they don't need any more (because they stopped building Cougars). The Ruger is a brick, with all the ergonomics of one. That said, it is known for its durability and reliability.