le_boudin

WTS Revolver Smith&Wesson 686, all stainless 3" barrel, 7 shot

WTS S&W 686 Plus revolver. 357mag. It features a 7-shot cylinder, a 3" barrel, round butt with Hogue grips. It includes the original box, papers, and lock.

Caliber .357 Magnum and .38 S&W Special +P

Capacity 7 Rounds

Front Sight: Red Ramp

Stainless Steel Frame

Stainless Steel Cylinder

This safe queen was bought in 2010. I put through it less then 50 rounds.

$685 OBO

post-2672-0-83400300-1338569297_thumb.jpg

post-2672-0-70446000-1338569319_thumb.jpg

I know we're not supposed to comment in the Marketplace, but let me throw a little S&W knowledge in here.

A) The 3" S&W's are some of the most desireable since they are short-barrelled enough to use as CCW's, but long enough to use as range guns. 3" is also the ideal length for those guns chambered in .357 Mag as the extra barrel length (as opposed to 2.5" guns) allows for a longer ejector rod, which allows the cases to completely clear the cylinder on the ejection stroke. (Not so with 2.5" guns - you have to rely on a hardy push on the ejection rod plus gravity, to clear the cylinder).

B) Seven round cylinders are the strongest. Because of the odd-number of chambers it locates the cylinder bolt stop notches between the chambers (where there is more metal) rather than right over the chambers - where the metal is at its thinnest.

This is a great very desireable piece at a fair price. If you think it's too high, no one is stopping you from making an offer - it's up to the seller whether or not to accept it.

To the OP: Good luck with your sale - very nice piece.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I know we're not supposed to comment in the Marketplace, but let me throw a little S&W knowledge in here.

A) The 3" S&W's are some of the most desireable since they are short-barrelled enough to use as CCW's, but long enough to use as range guns. 3" is also the ideal length for those guns chambered in .357 Mag as the extra barrel length (as opposed to 2.5" guns) allows for a longer ejector rod, which allows the cases to completely clear the cylinder on the ejection stroke. (Not so with 2.5" guns - you have to rely on a hardy push on the ejection rod plus gravity, to clear the cylinder).

B) Seven round cylinders are the strongest. Because of the odd-number of chambers it locates the cylinder bolt stop notches between the chambers (where there is more metal) rather than right over the chambers - where the metal is at its thinnest.

This is a great very desireable piece at a fair price. If you think it's too high, no one is stopping you from making an offer - it's up to the seller whether or not to accept it.

To the OP: Good luck with your sale - very nice piece.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

thank you Pizza Bob... it was very nice of you...