Kingsoverqueens

Recommendation for 1911 pistol in 22LR

Kings --- I just purchased a GSG 1911 2 weeks ago -- It's a blast to shoot for me but as delivered was a little large in the grip for my son --

I'm working on shortening up the length of pull and have put some smaller, thin grips on -- Anyway, If your the guy I think you are then I'll see you at YSB --

Hopefully we can make it this week -- I'll bring the GSG and If they don't get out too late you and your boy are welcome to send a few downrange --

Jer

I always get worried when someone implies "Is you da guy?" lol

Did we meet on 6/1 at the indoor action at Old Bridge? I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it this Friday. The boy graduates from middle school and I'm not sure what plans we've got, and when I say "We've," I mean that my wife has made. lol

maybe your not who I think you are.

did your son just join the Youth small bore? They shoot Thursday nights

we met at a speed on steel shoot -- you said you shot Shot skeet forthe 1st time -- used an 18 inch barrel-- my son and I where just checking things out

anyway I'm not sure we are making it to ysb either -- work is busy and its hard for us to get there for Ruffs 6pm start time.

you're still welcome to try out the gsg if we can get together

Bummer -- I could have sworn I saw on another post that your son did YSB at old bridge. I guess I should have looked at your home range and figured it out.

Sorry for the confusion -- The offer does stand though -- I just ordered a short LOP trigger and a different grip mag to make the gun fit small hands -- Should work out sweet for them and I get to buy another so it will fit me

Jer

How about getting a Marvel 22 conversion kit and a standard 1911 like a STI Spartan. That way you can shoot 22LR with your son for cheap and when he gets older he can shoot 45acp.

The Marvel conversions are high quality and retain their value if you ever decide to sell it. Super accuracy built into them. Some shooters use them for bullseye competitions.