I am torn between 2 guns. I have been looking at sks's for a while and would really like one but recently i found a howa 1500 in 308 for a great price. So now what do i do? I already own a 243 and 300 wsm bolt guns but have always wanted to add a 308. So decision time because i dont know how long that price will last on howa.

You have to do what you think is best. IMHO, it would be somewhat redundant. You already have two bolt guns - one caliber a derivative of the .308 and the other another .30 caliber. The SKS would be something new and different (but if it were me, I'd be looking at AR platforms - there are some bargains out there). Do what makes you happy - nobody else can give you the right answer.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Do you have a cheap rifle that shoots cheap ammo? If not, an SKS is a good choice. Simple to operate, supremely reliable, respectably accurate at 100 yards. Sometimes I like to go through some ammo at the range. With the SKS, doing that doesn't mean hours at the reloading bench or putting yourself in the poor house. There are probably as many rounds of surplus 7.62x39 ammo in the world as there are people in China.

In 2002 a Yugo SKS was selling for $99 at Centerfire Systems, today they are selling for $250 + . That is a pretty good return... get the SKS, ...... in fact get two...one for shooting and another for storing for sale later. Gold, silver, firearms and ammo have done much better than the stock market or the housing market.

In 2002 a Yugo SKS was selling for $99 at Centerfire Systems, today they are selling for $250 + . That is a pretty good return... get the SKS, ...... in fact get two...one for shooting and another for storing for sale later. Gold, silver, firearms and ammo have done much better than the stock market or the housing market.

Well if Mosins cost $250 in 10 years, I'll be sitting on a gold mine. :D

Well to let you know Jonf made my decision for me I bought his SKS off of the market place. and what a great rifle it is glad I went with it. Though that Howa is still begging to be bought. If anyone is interested it on auctionarms.com for 389 brand new. which is about 100 under what I have seen it for elsewhere.