woodentoe

Rugers on the range

Had a nice quiet trip to the range last night. Here are the toys. post-4075-133976683247_thumb.jpgI'm really comfortable with the 22, but I'm just bot used to shooting the 9mm. Here is a cerer hold from only seven yards. I'm definitely pulling the gun on the trigger squeeze. post-4075-13397669402_thumb.jpgWhat is your assessment? Btw, I'm left handed.

Had a nice quiet trip to the range last night. Here are the toys. post-4075-133976683247_thumb.jpgI'm really comfortable with the 22, but I'm just bot used to shooting the 9mm. Here is a cerer hold from only seven yards. I'm definitely pulling the gun on the trigger squeeze. post-4075-13397669402_thumb.jpgWhat is your assessment? Btw, I'm left handed.

Your group looks tighter than before, so you're getting more used to the gun. Some folks instruct newbies that they shouldn't know when the shot will fire. I'm just the opposite! I know when the sear will let go and can feel it as I slowly keep pressing on the trigger, all the while holding the sights perfectly still. It's a combination of muscle memory, breathing technique, and grip control. What you have to do is to isolate your hand muscles required to hold the gun steady and not move the gun while at the same time depressing the trigger with additional pressure until the shot gets fired. Once you can do that, you'll be able to "call your fliers" cause you'll know how you screwed-up as the shot breaks, lol!

With a completely unloaded gun and no mags, practice dry firing at a fly or spot on the wall, all the while not moving the gun as you're squeezing the trigger. Do it 20-30 times, then take a break, then come back and do it again. Develop your muscle memory and don't be too hard on yourself while you're doing it. Every gun is slightly different, and some actions are smoother than others (2.5-3.5 pounds on a 1911) and with less trigger travel. So take what you're doing right with the .22 and simply apply it to the 9mm (which from the looks of the image above, you're doing already without realizing it).

Enjoy yourself along the journey, and remember that friends are just a click away!

Take care!

Dave

Hmmm. Even for a lefty? Would have thought the opposite.

it is interesting i shoot to the left when i dont pay good attention i am a righty.

like dave said try that it will help alot . also like some wise man [Lunker] told me if you can put a penny or nickle on the barrel and than squeese the trigger this will also help it worked well with the revolvers .