johngo1

Outdoor Public?

Wicen's in Bucks County PA is technically membership but basically public, 100 yards, and Ft Dix is technically memberhsip but basically public because the fee is pretty low. But both are a considerable hike from Bergen County :( Sadly I don't think there are any public outdoor rifle ranges in NJ.

One thing you can do is look at ballistics tables - you can see the point-of-aim vs. point-of impact for 25 and 100 yards with your specific load and bullet weight, and use a 25 yard yard to sight in for a 100 yard shot. There are free printed targets with measured squares that you can use to do that. That's what I used to do when I did not have access to an 100 yard range when I first started shooting.

Delran junior marksman has a 100 yard range and only charges 20 a day for non members but check their website first and call I'm not sure if they are open any longer for firearms usage they have been having major issues with a surrounding company trying to shut them down. I know they are open for their kids air rifle competitions try calling them

Delran junior marksman has a 100 yard range and only charges 20 a day for non members but check their website first and call I'm not sure if they are open any longer for firearms usage they have been having major issues with a surrounding company trying to shut them down. I know they are open for their kids air rifle competitions try calling them

I shot there a couple months ago. Nice place. Nice people.

Wicen's Farm in Furlong, PA, but I suspect they are almost equally distant as Range 14.

Range 14 really isn't public. You still have to join - $60 - (or be guested in by a member) and both the member and guest pay an hourly fee ($4 IIRC). Wicens is $15 per day, but you have to qualify for a saefty badge for each discipline (handgun / rifle / shotgun) you intend to shoot. That is a one time fee of $7 for each, providing you don't loose it before your next trip.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Who remembers the Winchester Public Range in Englishtown? Also used to be a neat gun store there (in Englishtown, not at the range). All I remember about that was it was long and narrow and went from the street to a public parking lot at the rear of the building.

I'm in Morris County and I think this would be the closest and cheapest outdoor range to access from my area.

http://www.efga.net/

New Adult: $30/year + $30 Initiation Fee. So basically $60 to start and $30 every year after. Additional $30 is you want a guest pass. I've been meaning to pass by and take a look but have no time. I might just join through the site.