Teky0101

Vintage Marlin 22 Sight

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a vintage Marlin 22 peep sight for my dad's 22 which was passed down from my grandfather. We recently had the metal re-blued and it looks amazing but in order to to close to origional as possible I would like to find the origional factory site or find the peep sight and spring for the sight which is missing. Thank you for any help you can provide. Below is some images of the sight I am looking for. Our local gunsmith had one in stock but it was in his personal collection and not for sale. Thank you for your help!

post-2525-0-84339600-1342469380_thumb.jpg

Parker,

Thats the sight thank you for the help! I just order the peep sight for it tonight but now I need a spring to complete the restoration on the site. Any ideas where I might be able to find it? I would hate to buy the entire sight since its really expensive.

Yup- looks just like the one on my old Mossberg. And when I was restoring it several yrs ago that indexing tang/.spring was the only pc I needed to replace as it had a crack in it. IIRC found it at Havlins after putting out a APB for it- great people there. They got back to me and said they found one in one of their misc buckets. If you have trouble there is also all the gun forums that are dedicated to certain manfacturers that would love to help bring an old shooter back to life. Good luck and enjoy.