deadeye74

Bolt action .223

What a slap in the face to groundhog hunters in NJ. I wonder if anyone has complained. I mean, if you pay for the license, you ought to be able to use the facilities that are funded by the license fees, to practice with the firearm you are legally entitled to use in the hunt... Sounds like a good argument there.

You have a valid point. Still, I look at the ranges as a positive, for the State has made progress. At one time, there were no ranges on WMA lands; there are now. There were no dog training areas on WMA's; there are now. There were no early season-stockings for training dogs; there are now. There were no Youth Hunts; there are now. There were no free hunting licenses for youths; there are now from ages 10-16 provided they pass the hunter safety course. While I'm often critical of F&W, I am also their advocate. They have changed things for the better in many areas.

I've posted this link once already in the Hunting section, but this link outlines the N.J. Fish & Wildlife proposed amendments for the 2014 season. There are many changes.

http://www.njfishand...ers_Meeting.pdf