Sign in to follow this  

I just got this belt and am very happy with it.

I is extremely thick and sturdy without being inflexible.

I'm only wearing it for two days now but it is going to perform it's job we'll.

Cabelas item number is IK-95-5404 "Double Duty Belt" $39.99.

Other leather belts I looked at we're double and tripple the price. Anybody looking for a belt under $50 was referred to the 5-11 Tactical, including me. It is good but as a belt it is made of nylon and not really appropriate for a more formal occasion. ( say dinner out)

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9kQfxEKwTEk/UAsbhO9WrbI/AAAAAAAAZ7I/LS7a1qMh74k/s2048/IMAGE_BD8C2277-A39B-43A5-8422-D14267B2A7C3.JPG

Ive got two 5.11 belts with the permastiff insert, both plain black leather, which i have worn for years and have held up just fine. I originally got them because the leatherman and flashlight i was carrying used to twist the cheap belts i used to wear.

Looks like it was constructed the same way as one of my Galcos and it is indeed half the price. I've taken mine to a belt maker for some alterations. He is a guy that doesn't really make serious carry belts so he took note of it and pointed out to me how it was made.