Sign in to follow this  
benboga37

holster for SP2022 that is good for IDPA?

Comp-Tac is good, plenty of other brands as well which I'm sure others will suggest. I'm not a big fan of paddle holsters as they can come out when not expecting - I've seen this happen in GunForHire classes for example.

My personal preference would be to go for a belt-loop holster. Comp-Tac, Kaluban Cloak are both kydex holsters I have and have positive experiences with.

TheWombat

Try Bladetech. I would bet that your Fobus is OK (picture with holstered gun?), but I'm with wombat, paddle holsters can have unintended consequences. I would say try IDPA with the Fobus and then decide if you like it enough to invest in better equipment.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for replying Pizza Bob . So the trigger guard does not have to be fully covered for IDPA? That is good news to me. I am used to the Fobus since I try to wear it in the house to get familiar with it. I'll post a pic of the holstered gun and if you say it looks OK it's off to IDPA with me.

Besides I'm really avoiding the expense if possible. 3 growing kids situation here , someone always need a new pair of pants,skirtshirts and blouses plus of course shoes

I used a Bladetech for my SP2022 when I was shooting that in IDPA. Two things to consider is its not a stocked item for Bladetech so it will be a month or so to get it, and apparently there were two versions of that rail so it might be wise to call them.

Probably a moot point as Jon has mentioned your holster is IDPA legal but when you order via Bladetech, you can ask them to put a rush on it for you. I got my Bladetech OWB rushed and they delivered in 11 days (7 business days). There was no extra cost for this service and the Bladetech folks are great people to deal with.

I'm with Bob and would advise you to try out IDPA first to see if you like it. I'm certain you will be addicted. You can always upgrade later.

Check with CDNN for some in-expensive double mag holders. I'm not sure what width mag the 2022 uses though.

My Glock 22 mags do not fit in the standard Double Stack ones and I have not tried the Wide Body Double Stack ones yet. The standard Double Stack one works well with my PPQ though.

I use these for USPSA and I believe these should work for IDPA but I have yet to shoot an IDPA match.