Sign in to follow this  
Nikos

Obama's "Hope and Change" -- lower expectations

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By D. Stallone
      Over the last few weeks, I have decided that I would like to assemble my first AR 15 instead of purchasing one off the shelf. I have done a plethora of research, (Although, I am sure that there is a lot more that I can obtain), and have come to the conclusion that to get what I want in a rifle, assembling one would be the smarter choice. It would also give me the knowledge of how to put one together, learn as to what each part does, and just know that rifle inside and out.

Mind you, I will be building the rifle at my dad`s who live in IL, so I won`t have to deal with NJ`s restrictive laws. I do visit him on a monthly basis, so it will be used, shot, and cared for.

Please comment, as I am always interested as to what other have to say or any criticisms that you may have.

So, here is the parts list that I have come up with that will fit my needs. Again, feel free to offer suggestions.

Barreled upper receiver with free float rail - PSA 16" M4 Premium ss12G2 Chambered in 5.56
      PSA AR15/M16 Charging handle
      Spikes Tactical Complete 5.56/.223 BCG
      PSA Gadsden Stripped Lower Receiver
      PSA AR Lower parts kit w/ MAGPUL grip and trigger guard
      Spikes Tactical 6-postion Mil. Spec buffer tube kit
      Magpul CTR Carbine Mil. Spec Stock
      Daniel Defense flip up front and rear sights
      Vortex Strikefire II Red dot sight

I`ll probably get about 3 or 4 mag`s and an angled fore grip.
    • By OfcrFek
      Just got my first AR! Bushmaster Carbon 15. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/80172

So now I have a question... I want to replace the stock gas block with a quad-railed one, so I can attach a flip down front sight, and a couple other accessories. Everywhere I go, it says the only way I can be sure of the size I need is to remove the current gas block and measure the hole. Is there any other way? I'd really rather order the gas block, and put it on when it arrives, only taking it apart once. And to be honest, I'm not all that confident I could accurately measure the hole.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I feel I have to say this since you can't tell from the picture, that's a PERMANENTLY PINNED 15 round mag, NOT a hi-cap 30 round mag! Purchased from RifleGear.com!!!